Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I did this weekend, in photos

We got a lot done. I'm exhausted. I'm also so, so very glad that I only live 70 miles away from home now- it's so much easier to plan a wedding with a 1.25hr drive, compared to a 2.5-3hr drive, like last year.

I finished all of the paper.

Programs (100)- a group effort.

Table number cards
Menus are completely done (132 of them)Thank you notes for our parents (I was doing all this paper crafting, it made sense to throw in a couple cards)


Favors/placecards (but this was all mom- the only thing I did was choose and buy the favors, and figure out how to best attach the placecards)
We also baked the groom's cake, a traditional fruitcake recipe. It smelled heavenly, it was kind of cruel to have to smell it and know we couldn't eat it.
Not pictured, but completed:
wedding rings are at home, ready to go.
Garden is making progress
Nearly finished making/stuffing goodie bags for OOT guests- still lack water and cookies.

Next:
finish veil
call most of the vendors to double check things
bake cookies for OOT guest goodie bags
finish cold feet socks for Clint
write out detailed timeline for wedding weekend, including necessary items- then gather items, and forward itnerary to those who need it.
buy water
buy mixers for bar (about 1/3 left till to get- club soda, tonic, lemons and limes, etc)
buy cheeses for reception hors d'ouerves
beer tasting
pick up wine

I think in to-do list form these days.

It's getting there! It's so weird and surreal, though.

No comments: