Friday, June 5, 2009

Cake! Flowers! Shawl!

Um, sad news. We had our cake tasting a few weeks ago, and it just wasn't right for us. Because the undecorated cake would have cost $300, we decided that was too much money for something I didn't want to devour instantly. There was a stressful, wedding cake-less week, UNTIL my awesome cousin offered to make my cake! He's as good a baker as I am (I'm not being uppity, just honest), has experience in large cakes, and loves to decorate them. We're going to have a 4-tiered vanilla/vanilla cake, with possible flavored fillings that we'll decide later. yay!

My next obsession was flowers- we're going to DIY the centerpieces, but I want to have something striking, unusual, possibly to do ourselves, and not cost a fortune. I could find things that were 2 of those 3 things, but not all. I eventually found:
(again sorry, I apparently can't adjust photo sizes on a mac)
found on Wedding Belles. I think my version will be a hemisphere of daisies on a cake plate, perhaps with some tea roses, but maybe solely daisies.

Finally, my shawl is 5 feet long! The goal is 6 feet, but since it's so close to being done, I may go more towards 7 feet, and stretch it a bit so it's wider, which would shorten it.

No comments: