Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So, hi....

Severe lack of updates. But I have news:

First and foremost, the reason I logged on to blog today.
MY WEDDING DRESS HAS ARRIVED. FINALLY. My mom just so happens to be on vacation within walking distance from the bridal shop (in CT), so when she comes home on Friday, The Dress is coming with her! What does this mean? Why, I get to try it on as soon as I arrive home on Friday night! We toyed with the idea of trying to schedule a fitting on Saturday morning, but my bridal shower is at noon, and knowing how things tend to be, I'd probably end up rather late for the shower. So we'll aim for a fitting on August 1. :-D

Second, and probably more important, we bought a house. I need to get pictures of the house- so far I only have interior shots. It's a great house. All the appliances seem to work (I've done a lot of baking in the 12 dys I've been there), and so far the only mishaps have been the garbage men not taking our garbage (they took some, not all- is there a limit on garbage in Worcester?) and a bat getting into our basement and setting off the security alarm. The cops came. They laughed. We lost sleep, but it made a good story. Pansy's living there with me, and is madly in love with the Pansy Room, aka the screened-in porch. We're currently only using the kitchen, dining room, upstairs bathroom and bedroom, the other rooms are either completely empty, being used as a place to throw clothes, or for packed boxes. But it's good.

Next up on wedding stuff is all the paper goods. I started buying potential papers for the table cards, menus and programs, and I need to see if they print well- printing test on Sunday. I ordered the favors today, and the bridesmaids' gifts will be finished and wrapped by next week. I have no idea how the groomsmen's gifts are going, nor how their tuxes rentals are- I have to leave some of the fun for Clint! (i.e. not my problem, therefore I ignore).

This blog has ended up being rather lackluster, from my lack of posting (which is true for my other blogs, I'm just not posting much in general) and my lack of pictures. Ah, well. Wedding planning is quite a bit crazier than I expected. And the time has flown by, at a rather frightening speed.

No comments: