Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh, by the way...

I've found a dress! I'm not going to post it here, but if you're on ravelry, you can find it there, and a few other members-only spots. Email me if you want to see but can't.

It's ivory and is by Blue by Enzoani, a designer I'd never heard of until a small bridal shop in Westbrook, CT, emailed around about a trunk show.

I'm also madly desirous of Mattie by Kate Spade for my shoes. I have an idea for a veil, but need to acquire it (borrow or make, I'm not spending $180 for mosquito netting on a plain hair comb), and I'm wearing heirloom jewelry. I also need to acquire proper undergarments, but I feel like that can wait.

So, wedding day attire is nearly set. I'm doing things backwards, though, because we still don't have a definite date!

Current reception thoughts: food stations. Kind of like a trendier buffet. Coffee and tea will definitely be self-serve (waitstaff anyway are way too stingy with hot beverages), and I have dreams of a square 3-tiered wedding cake, white with fondant/frosting pink and green flowers. Or white fondant-covered cake with real flowers, hmm.

No comments: